Facing Criminal Charges Does Not Have To Be Scary
When faced with charges of any level, it is easy to panic. Law enforcement and prosecutors work together to secure convictions, and often, the obstacles seem insurmountable. Having a skilled attorney on your side is crucially important to ensure that your rights and interests are protected, and can offer you peace of mind throughout the process.
Uniquely Skilled Representation
At The Neel Law Firm, our criminal defense attorneys have the skill and experience necessary to take on cases of any magnitude. Both Oliver and Sara Neel have past professional experience as Texas state prosecutors in Corpus Christi, giving them a unique perspective when defending clients.
We help clients with a full array of criminal defense matters such as:
- Traffic tickets. Though many individuals simply pay tickets without giving it much thought, this means you are pleading guilty and likely getting points added to your license. The one-time cost of hiring an attorney is often cheaper than the long-term cost of increased insurance rates from points added to your license.
- Drug possession. Even for first-time offenses, Texas courts may impose stiff penalties. Having an experienced attorney in your corner can mean the difference between severe penalties and reduced charges.
- DWI. Driving while intoxicated is a serious infraction and can be charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the circumstances surrounding the arrest. If you are not a Fredericksburg native and you are accused of a DWI while in town, a local attorney can be helpful.
- Juvenile defense. If your child is facing criminal charges, you need an attorney who understands the juvenile court system as well as what is happening to your family. We offer compassionate representation and more than a decade of experience in juvenile court.
- Sexual assault. Thanks to the court of public opinion, sexual assault charges can affect you for the rest of your life even if you are found innocent. Calling us as soon as possible after you have been charged is critical to start protecting your rights and your reputation.
- Theft and burglary. We have extensive experience defending commercial or residential theft charges and fight to reduce jail time and fines with the goal of getting charges dropped if possible.
- Violent crime. Assault, battery and other violent crimes can carry the most serious consequences if you are convicted. We can fight to reduce penalties and, if possible, get the charges against you dropped.
No charge is too serious — we can even assist clients accused of felony offenses.
Speak With Our Team Today
There is no reason to delay. The longer you wait to find a lawyer, the more likely it is that prosecutors will have the advantage. Call our office today at 830-856-2548 to arrange an initial meeting, or reach out through our online contact form.