For Your Legal Needs
Sara L. Neel
- Criminal Defense
After briefly working as a teacher, Sara realized her calling was to speak for those who could not speak for themselves and left the classroom for the courtroom.
With years of trial experience before juries and judges across the State of Texas, Sara is adept at courtroom litigation. As a prior criminal prosecutor for six years, Sara is familiar with how prosecutors and law enforcement think, act, and make their cases and arguments in court. This makes her invaluable to clients fighting criminal charges.
Sara tackles cases from an end goal perspective, navigating clients through the often confusing and frustrating process of the legal system. She has experience trying cases from speeding tickets all the way to capital murder and everything in between including DWI, drug, and assault charges.
Since leaving criminal prosecution Sara has expanded her practice to include family law, contract disputes, and real-estate litigation.
Sara has been married to Oliver Neel since 2010, both attorneys, they work together at the office.
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. - 2011
- Texas A&M, Corpus Christi, Texas
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: English
- Texas, 2011
- Outstanding Service on Behalf of Crime Victims, Nueces County Coalition for Crime Victim's, 2014
- Semi-Finalist, Jenkins & Gilchrist First Year Moot Court Competition, 2011
- Gillespie County Attorney's Office, First Assistant Prosecutor, 2015 to 2018
- Nueces County District Attorney's Office, Felony First Chair Prosecutor, 2013 to 2015
- Bexar County District Attorney's Office, Misdemeanor Prosecutor, 2011 to 2013
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- Texas District and County Attorney's Association, Member, 2011 to 2018
- Mother's of Preschoolers (MOPs), 2017 to 2018
- Noon Rotary Club, Fredericksburg Texas, 2016 to 2018
Current Employment Position